beyondblue has developed the first of a series of FREE interactive e-learning programs designed to be used in the workplace. The Workplace Mental Health Awareness e-learning Program examines myths and misconceptions about depression and anxiety disorders, aiming to increase awareness and understanding. The e-learning program also looks at signs and symptoms, and how to help someone you’re concerned about.
Check out how much you know (or don’t know) about depression and anxiety at www.beyondblue.org.au/workplace.
Leave a comment
thedesk is a FREE online program aimed at providing Australian tertiary students with strategies and skills for success and wellbeing during their time at university or TAFE.
thedesk, was developed by researchers at The University of Queensland and the Queensland University of Technology and was funded by beyondblue as a universal intervention in response to research showing:
- High prevalence rates of distress in university students
- Relatively low levels of professional help seeking in students despite access to free counselling and health services
- Psychological distress has a significant impact on the capacity of students to study
- Psychological distress is associated with lower academic performance
- Students reporting that they are likely to use an online program to help with problems they are experiencing
thedesk was founded on the premise that all students can be resilient and successful, and provides them with skills to manage issues they commonly face. Visit thedesk at www.thedesk.org.au.
Leave a comment (1)
Disabled Access Reviews is a new website that will allow you to submit a review of the accessibility of a service or location. Reviews will be displayed on the website so that other people can be informed about the accessability of the service or location.
For more information see http://www.disabledaccessreviews.info/.
Leave a comment